Appropriate services and accommodations are determined by the DRC on an individualized basis. The students' needs and limitations, documentation, and educational environment are evaluated in making a determination as to appropriate accommodations.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of commonly requested academic and exam accommodations.
Common Academic Accommodations
- Testing accommodations
- Note-taking services
- Materials in e-text and audio format
- Access to adaptive equipment and software
- Interpreter and captioning services
- Assistance in activity relocation
- Priority registration
Common Exam Accommodations
- Extended test taking time (50% additional time is the standard)
- Reduced-distraction test environment (which is different from a private testing room)
- Computer access for essay exams
- Use of a basic calculator for math computation
- Assistive technology such as text-to-speech software or dictation software