In order to request accommodations from the University of Illinois at Chicago Disability Resource Center (DRC), complete the three steps below.
1. Schedule an intake appointment by calling DRC at (312) 413-2183.
During this intake meeting you can talk with an Disability Specialist about your disability-related needs.
Intake meetings generally take 30 – 60 minutes.
2. Gather your medical documentation. Your healthcare provider can complete DRC’s Disability Verification Form.
Students who are seeking reasonable accommodations must provide supporting documentation that demonstrates:
- Current (within the last five years) disability diagnosis from a licensed clinical professional familiar with your history;
- Explanation of how the disability limits the participation in courses, programs, services, or activities at the University; and
- Recommendation of accommodation(s) from a physician or medical professional.
3. Complete the Student Registration Form before your intake appointment.
The form can be completed in 5-10 minutes.