New to DRC?
If you are looking to receive services through the Disability Resource Center, we want to support you. Please contact the DRC at (312) 413-2183 to schedule an appointment, as provisional accommodations may be available as you gather new documentation.
In order to request accommodations from the University of Illinois at Chicago Disability Resource Center (DRC), complete BOTH steps below:
1. Please complete the online Student Registration Form. It will take a few minutes to complete. You will need your 9 digit UIN. This form will not be reviewed until you schedule an intake appointment.
2. Schedule an intake appointment. The intake meeting with a Disability Specialist will give you an opportunity to discuss your disability-related needs and formalize a plan for appropriate accommodations. These meetings typically last about 60 minutes. There are two ways to schedule: by phone, or via iAdvise.
To schedule by phone, call our office at (312) 413-2183.
To schedule via iAdvise, follow these steps:
- Use this link: go.uic.edu/DRCIntake and log in to navigate to the DRC page on iAdvise. If you are taken to your home page instead, you can search for Disability Resource Center and our page will pop up.
- Click the name of your DSS based on your last name and/or major.
- Click the "Schedule Appointment" button
- Click where it says "Disability Resource Center" then the "Intake" option that appears.
- It will show your DSS’s available meeting times for the next week and a half. You can use the calendar on the left to search different weeks. Once you can choose whether you want to meet via phone or Zoom.
Please note: if you do not see a time that works for you in iAdvise, feel free to call in to the office and inquire about other options as they may be available.
We look forward to meeting you here at the Disability Resource Center!
About Disability Documentation Heading link
Documentation of your disability provides valuable insight into your experience. We ask students to provide documentation to register with the DRC and receive disability-related accommodations.
Documentation is one piece of the accommodation process — please do not be deterred from starting the intake process because of a lack of documentation. Disability Specialists are happy to meet and consult, or to assist you in collecting documentation if necessary.
One option is to have a licensed clinical professional complete the DRC’s Disability Verification Form.
You may also use existing documentation such as an IEP/504 plan, Psychological Evaluation or Re-Evaluation, or a note or write-up from your care provider.
Ideal documentation will contain the following information:
- Current (within the last five years) disability diagnosis from a licensed clinical professional familiar with your history, e.g. a therapist, physician, social worker, or school psychologist.
- Explanation of how the disability impacts the participation in courses, programs, services, or activities at the University; and
- Recommendation of accommodation(s).
To upload your medical documentation, you may:
- Use our secure upload link when completing the Student Registration Form in Step 1
- Use our Protected Health Information (PHI) link
If you need assistance getting your condition documented, check out the Referrals tab on our Resources, Partners, & Online Learning Guides page, and/or contact us directly for more information.