Need your Letter of Accommodation (LOA)? Checkout the Accommodate Portal!
A How to Access UIC Letter of Accommodation Guide is now available to help you with the process.
The Disability Resource Center, as part of the Office for Access and Equity, is committed to providing accommodations and access to all students with disabilities and to working collaboratively with faculty, staff, and University services across the campus to provide students with disabilities an equal opportunity to participate in all aspects of the educational experience at UIC, while maintaining compliance with relevant federal and state laws.
In order to request accommodations from the University of Illinois at Chicago Disability Resource Center (DRC), complete the three steps below.
1. Please give us a call at the DRC at (312) 413-2183 to schedule an intake appointment. The intake meeting with a Disability Specialist will give you an opportunity to discuss your disability-related needs. These meetings typically last 30-60 minutes.
2. Medical documentation is needed to register with the DRC and receive disability-related accommodations. Please have your health care provider complete the DRC’s Disability Verification Form. We encourage you to register with the DRC even if you may not need access to services immediately.
The requirements for the documentation includes
- Current (within the last five years) disability diagnosis from a licensed clinical professional familiar with your history;
- Explanation of how the disability limits the participation in courses, programs, services, or activities at the University; and
- Recommendation of accommodation(s) from a physician or medical professional.
3. Before your meeting with a Disability Specialist, please complete the Student Registration Form. You can complete this form from home or at our office. It will take a few minutes to complete.
We look forward to meeting you here at the Disability Resource Center!